Now that the weather is getting warmer, I love eating light meals such as salads for lunch. However, if I don’t add something to these salads to bulk them up a bit, I usually find myself snacking by mid-afternoon. The quinoa in this tabbouleh keeps me going until dinner, as well as providing a great source of protein. This dish takes about 10-15 minutes to prepare, making it a perfect mid-week lunch, and I hope you guys enjoy it!
- 1/3 cup of quinoa
- 1/4 of a cucumber
- Handful of cherry tomatoes
- Handful of mint leaves
- Handful of flat-leafed parsley
- A few walnuts
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Drizzle of balsamic vinegar
- Place the quinoa in a small saucepan and pour over 2/3 cup of boiling water. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and leave to simmer for 10-15 mins or until cooked. If it dries out too much just top up with water.
- Meanwhile, chop up all of the other ingredients.
- When the quinoa is cooked, drain and mix in the chopped ingredients. Drizzle over the oil, lemon juice and balsamic vinegar and season to taste.